Sunday, December 7, 2008

A little reality.


I moved to Buenos Aires, Argentina on September 3 2008 with little money, no pre-existing debt in the U.S., no secured job and an ulcer. Ok...these seem kind of negative, except for the debt part, but what I did have was Sofia, the Argetnine, an apartment, and plenty of Spanish to learn. These pictures to the above are of my apartment before I moved in. It is small, cheap, on the first floor, piso 1, and perfect for me.
Meet Sofia. She is a 26 year old "Portena", born and raised in Buenos Aires. She enjoys architecture, fotography, My Bloody Valentine, cafes and anchovie olives. We met in Santa Barbara while I was working at the record store. She asked for Magnetic Fields and also if there was a place to get a drink at in town because she was on Holiday with her parents and needed to get out. The picture below tells a story of a girl with a boyfriend and a guy with a girlfriend who met one night and kept in contact for a year until I had to see her again..oh and visit Buenos Aires. Now we live a park apart. One more thing..I think I still have an ulcer and I think it is stress related becasue I have been maintaining a healthy diet and not drinking that much?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you partake in the la bomba dance?

MarksAlot said...

I love this story, and I want more